The AAP Foundation, a public charity, serves the community of periodontal caregivers and patients.
- AAPF Leadership
- Student Ambassadors
- Giving Options
- AAP Foundation Educational Awards
- AAP Foundation Corporate Partners
- 2017 Annual Report
- AAP Foundation Strategic Plan
The AAP Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity and the only organization of its kind designed exclusively to serve the community of periodontal caregivers and patients:
- Organized by the specialty's leaders to benefit the patients served and enhance the quality of care given.
- Supported by members of the Academy, corporate partners, grateful patients, and state and regional periodontal societies.
- Governed by a Board of Directors with staff assistance.
- Served by committees that implement the Foundation's programs and projects
- Represented by volunteer Ambassadors and Student Ambassadors in each district who help keep members informed about Foundation programs.
The mission of the American Academy of Periodontology Foundation is to improve the periodontal and general health of the public through increasing public and professional knowledge of periodontal diseases and their therapies, stimulating basic and clinical research to generate new knowledge, and enhancing educational programs at all levels to create opportunities in periodontal education and practice.